Monday, April 21, 2008

"Profound" Thoughts Inspired by Our 4 Year Old

Yesterday, we took the youth group to the beach for an impromptu youth activity. As we were leaving, Micah was walking with me back to the car as he had on the way out. However, this time, I was carrying Luke so I could not hold his hand like when we came. He kept walking behind me instead of beside me like before when I we arrived. So I asked him to come up and walk beside me. He replied, "But I want to step in your prints." As we got to a stretch of sand where people often park their cars, the sand was more packed down and he was frustrated because he could no longer see my prints in order to follow and complained about it. When we got to deeper sand again, he was very happy to be able to walk in my prints again. This got me thinking about life and how often we follow where God is leading but sometimes, it is hard to see His "prints" but I can trust Him that He is there even when I can't see His "prints"! Micah's comment also made me stop and think about being a mom or dad and the huge responsibiltiy it is. My children are following in my steps and learning from me and will be shaped by me...the good and the bad. How important my example is to them and my need to live moment by moment for His glory so that my children have good footprints to follow!

"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from Him." Psalm 127:3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.